Location: Emeryville, CA
Just Media is looking for those who are truly passionate about media and enjoy the challenge of learning a discipline that changes daily while working with great clients.
Just Media is more than just an agency. We’re friends and colleagues. That’s why people stay for years and even come back after working elsewhere. It’s why people look forward to our annual agency retreat and our annual holiday party, a legendary industry event and our way of giving thanks to our media partner community.It’s also why we’d love to have you join us for some admittedly ridiculous extracurricular activities. So please bring your sense of the absurd, your palate and thirst for Friday Beer O’Clock, featuring Just Ale, the agency’s own Belgian Tripel brewed by resident Brew Master Patrick Fenton, your fastest trigger finger for Nerf Gun Wars, and other tomfoolery.
We are looking for a highly engaged, flexible and personable Recruiter to join our Human Resources team in our Emeryville office. In this role, you will design, create, and direct our hiring initiatives as we seek top talent for our quickly growing organization with locations in Emeryville, CA and Austin, TX. You will also be responsible for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process, managing applications, and serving as a valuable brand ambassador.
Candidates should have previous experience with Jobvite, sourcing, scheduling, negotiating offers, job description creation and standardization, and University Relations. They should also understand the market in terms of competition, agency culture, and evolving skill sets within the Media world. This is a role that would be well suited for someone who enjoys building from the ground up, multi-tasking, is incredibly detail oriented, organized and has the desire to get involved with the nitty gritty, as well as, always keeping the bigger picture in view. Currently this role will be the only internal recruiting support for the organization so complete lifecycle experience in multiple time zones is a must and a willingness to wear many hats is essential.
The Recruiter’s duties include but are not limited to:
• Drive all full life cycle recruitment efforts and processes including sourcing, scheduling, standardizing job postings, background checks, references, drafting and delivering offers, and communicating with teams on the status of candidates and next steps.
• Implement strategic hiring procedures and improve upon recruitment measures
• Work with hiring managers to confirm hiring needs and requirements
• Coordinate with Finance to confirm that all open reqs are approved and budgeted for
• Direct and oversee the hiring of upper management and executives in conjunction with outside agency support
• Create and train hiring managers on new and effective interviewing procedures and techniques
• Engage in effective recruitment methods to determine useful applicant markets
• Create and oversee a University Relations and Internship program
• Partner with the Director of HR on Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
• Directly interact with job candidates and respond to initial queries
• Process and track applicant job submissions
• Manage recruitment databases
• Conduct initial candidate screenings and interviews
• Refer qualified and selected applicants to specific department for further interviews
• Schedule and shepherd the interview process for all candidates to ensure an incredible candidate experience
• Conduct and request required tests needed for hire (proficiency, background, etc.)
• Set clear goals and benchmarks for recruitment success
• Encourage open lines of communication between yourself and the rest of the team
• Document and present detailed weekly progress reports of recruiting campaigns to the Director of HR
• Attend recruiting fairs to find prospective employees (sometimes on evenings and weekends)
• Demonstrate to candidates a positive reflection or our brand and company
• Adherence to fair employment laws and practices
Recruiting Manager Requirements and Qualifications
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of proven experience in recruitment
• Familiarity with HR practices
• Understanding of fair employment practices
• Exceptional work ethic
• Exemplary communication skills both oral and written
• Consistently meets deadlines
• Thrives under pressure
• Comfortable with ambiguity and creating processes
• Respectful, patient and flexible