Location: Emeryville, CA
Just Media is looking for those who are truly passionate about media and enjoy the challenge of learning a discipline that changes daily while working with great clients.
Just Media is more than just an agency. We’re friends and colleagues. That’s why people stay for years and even come back after working elsewhere. It’s why people look forward to our annual agency retreat and our annual holiday party, a legendary industry event and our way of giving thanks to our media partner community.
It’s also why we’d love to have you join us for some admittedly ridiculous extracurricular activities. So please bring your sense of the absurd, your palate and thirst for Friday Beer O’Clock, featuring Just Ale, the agency’s own Belgian Tripel brewed by resident Brew Master Patrick Fenton, your fastest trigger finger for Nerf Gun Wars, and other tomfoolery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced digital media planner to join our talented media crew as a Media Account Manager in our Emeryville office. Candidates should have previous experience with planning, buying, and optimizing integrated digital media campaigns including online brand advertising, demand generation, and lead generation. They should also understand the market in terms of websites, business titles, and other media options. This is a role that would be well suited for someone who enjoys multi-tasking and has the ability to think laterally and quickly.
A Media Account Manager is a fast-paced position within the agency requiring absolute attention to detail, an appetite for data, and a hunger for analytics. Aside from the technical and math, there is a strong human factor we also seek because our media experts constantly communicate, persuade, and negotiate with media partners, clients, and even our own internal staff. In our business, relationships are still very important, so strong communication skills are must.
The duties of a Media Account Manager include but are not limited to:
Campaign Planning & Management
• Develop RFPs, the final media plan recommendation, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
• Manage all facets of the campaign execution by working with a Media Account Associate and other account team members
• Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
• Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
• Act as primary client contact by understanding client goals and optimizing their success through research and analysis
• Present recommendations with fully negotiated media and cost schedules to clients
• Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables
• Be the primary liaison between other Just Media departments (Social, Content, Search, Analytics)
• Deliver monthly POVs to clients highlighting vendor presentations that are particularly new or relevant
• Stay up to date with emerging trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets
• Provide consultative strategic direction to your accounts and identifying appropriate programs and services to meet client needs
• Monthly Investigation of a Publisher’s tech stack and report learnings to team during standing meeting
• Review pitch prior to taking on new client – ensuring consistent voice carried through to media plan, taking advantage of the newest tactics available
• Works closely with Media Account Associates to manage programs and administrative functions
• Promote positive working relationships within the department, the company and the vendor community
• Mentors and trains Media Account Associates
Desired Skills and Experience:
• BA or BS or equivalent experience
• Minimum of one-year prior media planning/buying experience in a digital agency
• Highly motivated with a strong desire to meet or exceed client expectations
• Ability to thrive in a flexible, team-based environment and ability to learn/adapt quickly
• Self-motivation with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
• Desire to grow with company
• Strong analytical skills
• Should be well versed in required media skills such as ability to review market research reports, audits, readership studies, online reports, etc.
• Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
• Experience in international media planning/buying a plus