Location: Austin, TX
Just Media is looking for those who are truly passionate about media and enjoy the challenge of learning a discipline that changes daily while working with great clients.
Just Media is more than just an agency. We’re friends and colleagues. That’s why people stay for years and even come back after working elsewhere. It’s why people look forward to our annual agency retreat and our annual holiday party, a legendary industry event and our way of giving thanks to our media partner community.
It’s also why we’d love to have you join us for some admittedly ridiculous extracurricular activities. So please bring your sense of the absurd, your palate and thirst for Friday Beer O’Clock, featuring Just Ale, the agency’s own Belgian Tripel brewed by resident Brew Master Patrick Fenton, your fastest trigger finger for Nerf Gun Wars, and other tomfoolery.
Just Media’s Austin TX office (dba Just Marketing Services, Inc.) is looking for an enthusiastic junior media planner with a passion for digital media and an eagerness to learn the business. Successful candidates would join one of our media teams in Austin as a Media Account Associate. Candidates should have previous experience with various types of paid media campaigns including online brand advertising, demand generation, and lead generation. They should also understand the market in terms of websites, business titles, and other media options. This is a role that would be well suited for someone who enjoys multi-tasking and has the ability to think laterally and quickly.
A Media Account Associate is a fast-paced position within the agency requiring absolute attention to detail, an appetite for data, and a hunger for analytics. Aside from the technical and math, there is a strong human factor we also seek because our media experts constantly communicate, persuade, and negotiate with media partners, clients, and even our own internal staff. In our business, relationships are still very important, so strong communication skills are must.
The duties of a Media Account Associate include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with media team to review action items deliverables on a daily basis
• Maintain account files and documentation on box server
• Prepare conference room for meetings with publishers and clients & ensure room is returned to original state following meetings
• Contribute to Just Media company blog
• Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates
• Assist account team with preparation of media plans
• Send out, manage and organize RFP responses
• Following up with missing information
• Format, proof and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
• Maintain client media buy details
• Prepare and maintain online creative traffic masters – gather ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
• Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs), email requesting signed copies (be sure all are returned and issue COs for any necessary changes)
• Manage due dates of tracking reports
• Work with media planner on tracking online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
• Update client status reports
• Prepare screenshot presentations
• Traffic lead gen assets as needed
• Collect leads from media partners, organize, scrub and prepare summaries as needed. Be comfortable with Integrate lead management platform.
• Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports – including running reports from Flashtalking to update Adserve with current month end activity
• Reconcile media invoices and resolve discrepancies
• Work with controller on billing
• Gather market and media research
• Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to internal team and clients
• Schedule meetings during your media meeting week and be prepared to present notes and a slide during Monday morning media meetings
• Set up Google Alerts to all Just Media accounts and B2B Industry updates. Send weekly emails to all team members
• Attend all vendor meetings where there is not a client meeting conflict
• Return emails and phone calls in a 24 hour period for media partners / clients
• Send thank you notes for gifts and services
• Fielding calls and inquiries from media publishers