Location: Emeryville, CA
Just Media is looking for those who are truly passionate about media and enjoy the challenge of learning a discipline that changes daily while working with great clients.
Just Media is more than just an agency. We’re friends and colleagues. That’s why people stay for years and even come back after working elsewhere. It’s why people look forward to our annual agency retreat and our annual holiday party, a legendary industry event and our way of giving thanks to our media partner community. It’s also why we’d love to have you join us for some admittedly ridiculous extracurricular activities. So please bring your sense of the absurd, your palate and thirst for Friday Beer O’clock, featuring Just Ale, the agency’s own Belgian Tripel brewed by resident Brew Master Patrick Fenton, your fastest trigger finger for Nerf Gun Wars, and other tomfoolery.
• Hands-on involvement and integral contributor to the full cycle accounting process including month-end close activities, taxes, treasury, internal audit and assisting with vetting of financial statements.
• Ensuring proper and timely recording of transactions in the financial system in accordance to US GAAP, internal control standards and company policies.
• Maintenance and preparation of general ledger entries by coding, maintaining records, reconciling accounts via journal entries and researching accounting discrepancies
• Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements and deadlines including tax, banking and state annual reports compliance.
• Provide significant support with the financial audit process alongside finance team to support CPA with preparation of tax statements and compiled financials.
• Submit State and Federal Corporate tax deposits in timely fashion as per schedule outlined by CPA
• Manage reconciliation and payment of sales and use taxes and process items that are taxable
• Maintain the fixed and intangible assets associated with depreciation and amortization schedules, including ensuring proper recording of purchases and disposals
• Managing the AP and AR teams through providing guidance, coaching and review of work product while handling non-client related escalated items.
• Manage corporate credit card and credit line to ensure processing without pause and timely reconciliation monthly of the accounts.
• Manage upload of 401K deposits
• Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending improvements in addition to providing training for procedures to accounting team
• Be a key contributing member in maintaining an environment of best in class internal controls
• Additional duties as assigned / requested
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Understanding of US GAAP
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or related field
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Advanced Excel skills
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Proven project management experience
• Adaptable – You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of finance and accounting issues and projects.
• Drive process improvements and own projects such as automating manual workflows, risk analysis and internal controls, finance systems testing, and more.
• Previous Big 4 or Public Accounting experience
• SOX Controls
• Marketing and/or Agency experience